Introducing the new Kata Pro-Light Photo and Video Element Covers
Kata products are designed with a focus on Lightweight Protection. For many, Kata represents camera bags, but our Element and Rain Covers are key components in our effort to protect your equipment. Both our Photographic Element Covers and Video Rain Covers have won awards around the world. With the introduction of our Pro-Light series covers, these designs are better than ever.
New Photographic Elements Covers
Water and dust are the enemy of your camera’s sensitive sensor, but we often need to shoot in poor conditions. Kata’s Photo Element cover products are the perfect solution for when your DSLR when you are caught in the rain or sand / dust is blowing around. These element covers provide excellent DSLR protection in dusty or sandy environments. Access is available to all camera and lens controls via the two sided sleeves, and the transparent TPU (A clear material unique to Kata that will not crack or fog) enables easy monitoring all the time. Full-length double zipper provides bottom closure when hand held or on a tripod. The new models are functionally identical to our old models; Kata has updated the material to include black ripstop nylon, the lightweight protection which is a signature of our Pro-Light series.
There are Pro-Light Element Covers for a variety of Photographic Cameras and with the extension sleeve, they can protect a telephoto lens of up to 600mm:
- E-690 Elements Cover (KT PL-E-690) - The E-690 PL elements cover is designed for use with 4/3 mirrorlessmirror less camerscameras and small DSLR cameras with small lens (camera must have protruding lens).
- E-702 Elements Cover (KT PL-E-702) - The E-702 PL elements is designed for use with a Pro DSLR with up to 200mm lens
- E-705 Elements Cover (KT PL-E-705) - The E-705 PL is designed for use with a pro DSLR with up to a 70-200mm lens and professional flash
- E-704 Element Cover Lens Sleeve Kit (KT PL-E-704) - The E-704 PL consists of two lens sleeves; one for up to 350mm lens and one for up to a 650 lens. Also included is a one hand sleeve to access the lens or to attach a lens support. The E-704 PL is designed to be attached to E-702 PL and E-705 PL.
New Video Rain Covers
If you look on the sidelines of a televised football game or see a local news crew covering the latest hurricane, you will probably see a Kata Video Rain Cover. Fabricated completely from waterproof materials, the cover features a crystal clear TPU (A clear material unique to Kata that will not crack or fog) panel which allows controlled monitoring and viewing of the LCD screen at any angle. It also features designated microphone and viewfinder sleeves and an overlapping top opening with modular sleeves to extract shoulder strap, mini light, rig handle, etc. When shoulder mounted or handheld the full bottom opening and dedicated hand sleeve allow easy working with both hands and when using a tripod the bottom opening simply seals closed. The covers slip quickly over a camera to protect it from sudden showers and is secured by aa quick pull of the drawstrings. The new models are functionally identical to our old models; Kata has updated the material to include black ripstop nylon, the lightweight protection which is a signature of our Pro-Light series.
There are Kata Pro-Light Rain Covers for the most popular video cameras on the market. (If you aren’t sure which Rain Cover to use, use the Kata Bag chooser at www.kata-bags.us to make sure).
- RC-1 Rain Cover (KT PL-VA-801-1) - Rain Cover The RC-1 PL Rain Cover is designed for full sized shoulder mount camcorders, OR an HDSL in video set-up with full video rig, external video viewfinder, shotgun mic and matte box attached.
- RC-10 Rain Cover (KT PL-VA-801-10) - The RC-10 PL Rain Cover is designed for medium sized shoulder mount camcorders, OR an HDSL in video set-up with full video rig, external video viewfinder, shotgun mic and matte box attached.
- CRC-12 Compact Rain Cover (KT PL-VA-801-12) - The CRC-12 PL is tailored to fit the Sony EX3, F3*, Canon XL Series and similar models, OR an HDSL in video set-up with medium to large rig, external video viewfinder, shotgun mic and matte box attached.
- CRC-13 Compact Rain Cover (KT PL-VA-801-13) - The CRC-13 PL is tailored to fit the Sony MC50, Canon XA10, XF100 and similar models in standard configuration without additional large external accessories.
- CRC-14 Compact Rain Cover (KT PL-VA-801-14) - The CRC-14 PL is tailored to fit the Sony F3*, Panasonic AF100*, Canon XH A1/s, G1/s and similar models, OR an HDSL in video set-up with external viewfinder and shotgun mic attached.
- CRC-15 Compact Rain Cover (KT PL-VA-801-15) - The CRC-15 PL is tailored to fit the Canon XF300, Sony F3, and similar models, OR an HDSL in video set-up with small to medium rig, external viewfinder, shotgun mic and matte box attached.
- CRC-17 Compact Rain Cover (KT PL-VA-801-17) - The CRC-17 PL Compact Rain Cover is cleverly designed to fit and protect handheld camcorders against downpours
*Basic camcorder configuration with no additional mounted accessories.